The release of iPhone 6 was greatly anticipated by Apple users. Curiosity of how the phone would look like and what new features it included ended with the release of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in September 2014.
However, various issues have been reported by those who managed to get it and use it. Although minor issues will always exist with smart phones, the issues of this new phone are major, with some of them hindering its functionality. Some of these issues include:
- This has been the most talked about issue of the new Apple smart phone. The iPhone is in good shape when it comes from the factory. However, some have reported that when the phone was kept in the pocket for long, it lost its shape and bent. Click here to see some of the pictures.
- Some experts who have tried to determine the cause of the bending problem are not surprised about this issue. They stated that one of the reasons for bending is the extremely thin nature of the phone. Additionally, it has been made of aluminum which is a very light material. When you put your phone in your pocket, heat from your body warms up the phone and can thus cause the material to bend.
- Nevertheless, bending of the phone does not affect the functionality of the phone, just its aesthetic value. A simple solution to this is to have a case for your iPhone which will prevent it from heating up thus causing distortion to its shape.
2. Bluetooth Issues
- The Bluetooth issues are not being experienced by everyone.
- Some have reported that the Bluetooth works only partially while others have reported that it does not work at all.
- Others have had little to no success when trying to connect their phone to their cars. When playing music in their cars, the Bluetooth can connect only for a short period of time and then fail or it can completely refuse to connect. Other users play music well in their cars using their phones but they cannot receive or make calls.
- People using BMW, Mercedes Benz, Porsche, Acura, Toyota and Nissan have had these issues. One customer using a Mercedes Benz was told by a car dealer that the iPhone had not yet been synchronized with the satellite navigation system of Mercedes Benz.
- An iPhone 6 user in Indiana managed to get past this issue by changing the registered name of the new phone.
3. Battery Issues
- iPhone 6 plus has been reported to have a longer battery life than iPhone 6.
- Those who used their phone constantly for browsing, games or for work reported that their battery run out in a few hours. This issue hinders effective use of the phone by those who use it for work or other important purposes.
- Although the battery is much better than the iPhone 5s battery, it still needs some fixing. Before the issue gets fixed, it means you will have to carry your charger with you or limit the use of your phone if you are outdoors and have no facility for this.
4. Running Hot
- Both iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus have a problem whereby the phone gets unusually hot.
- This is seen mostly when the user is accessing consecutive apps or streaming music and videos. At times, automatic downloads may be one of the causes of the heat.
- Some iPhone users have reported that when they turned off automatic downloads from the app store and iTunes, the phone cooled down.
- Some have had to stop using the phone and leave it on standby to let it cool down, which may not be something users are willing to do regularly.
5. Issues with applications
- The number of crashing applications on the new smart phone is quite high with some of the applications, like Safari, performing slower than they did in the previous iPhone versions. Apps including third party keyboards, Photo Library and iMessage have had issues and Apple rolled out iOS 8.0.1 to correct some of these issues. The new software was also supposed to correct issues with the HealthKit app that prevented developers from launching the app in the app store.
- However, the new software update caused more problems for Apple users as some of them reported that their phones cannot connect to a cellular network which means they have no service. Some said the TouchID was not working.